Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Clouser Minnow Sexy Shad Streamer Fly

Sexy Shad Clouser Minnow fly tying sexy shad clouser minnow streamer freshwater streamer bass fly bass bug

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 1hook

1hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

it's all good.   I find it continually amazing how such a simple fly style- literally 4 components - causes so much weirdness among everyone.

I agree it cracks me up

#32 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

I prefer tying this way.  And this is taken from his site!  

clous.JPG

I thought bend backs were where the hook was bent back slightly. The picture you posted looks more like a regular clouser than a bend back... Am I mistaking?

I'm not sure why they called it that.  The hook isn't bent.  The only difference is all the material is tied opposite the eyes.  No need to bend the hook.

UUHHH, yes, the bendback hook is a distinct style of hook very easily matched in freshwater with the offset bass worm hooks. The saltwater hooks of course are coated differently than fresh but the hook is bent very similar to the worm hook. I have a few saltwater hooks left if you want to get a picture of one for you. The idea is taking the clouser one step further along the weedless and snag free design.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sexy Shad, Clouser Minnow, fly tying, sexy shad clouser minnow, streamer, freshwater streamer, bass fly, bass bug