Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Crazy Dad With Under Water Footage

fly Tying crawdad crawdad fly carp fly bass fly trout fly streamer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

This small crawdad streamer works so well, I was catching fish I want even targeting with it.  I went out fishing for carp, and got a carp and even some smallmouth bass.  In fact, the carp I caught on this fly was 30" long, and the largest bass I caught that day was a good 3.5lbs.  

Most crayfish patterns are larger sized streamers, that are heavy and hard to cast.  This fly is refreshingly light, and small.  Easy to cast, and also easy for fish to swallow.  When targeting carp or trout, sometimes too large is a bad thing.  

Hook: TMC 9395 in size 10
Thread:  UTC Ultra Thread 140 in Brown
Claws:  Rubber Legs (preferably two tone)
Dubbing:  STS Trilobal Dub - Brown Stone
Weight:  Gold Dumbbell Eye 4mm or 5/32"
Top Wing:  Fox Fur
Adhesive:  Solarez "Bone Dry" UV Curing Resin

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fly Tying, crawdad, crawdad fly, carp fly, bass fly, trout fly, streamer