Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

OT. Anybody do earrings?

The beads are mandatory & make sure they get glued on with Zap-A-Gap or something stronger as a fishing friend wanted a present of red, white & blue pair of earrings for his fiancée to wear during a NASCAR race. Finished tying them to his liking & she was thrilled, only he forgot to glue beads over the hook points as I ran out of glue & left the flies & 2 beads with him to finish. She put them on the next day & the first time she went to pull her long hair back to put in a pony tail hooked both hands & couldn't do a thing except wait for rescue. No blood on the fly earrings, but went thru a few days of band-aids. Did them with out bead heads, chain & lead eyes, just mono eyes to keep weight down.

My wife has done very well selling bangle bracelets. Crafty stuff like this can be a hot fad sometimes.

I don't like the hook with a bead, but the bent wire one looks good. You'd probably have to keep them from being too "buggy".

Mom has asked for a Christmas tree and Santa deer hair ornament. I haven't attempted them yet, but I do tie on safety pins and bobby pins for the kids to play with.

Your Christmas balls were pretty neat. I'd like to see what else you come up with.

My sister just told me tonight that she would like some earrings. I feel like I can barely tie passable fishing flies and she wants earrings!?! :D I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and looking around for inspiration.

I've had a look around the Google for ideas since I last posted. Tied up a couple on some trash hooks to see how they look. Can't get a decent picture (I really need to figure out the camera on this phone or just spring for a real camera) but this is the best I've done so far.

post-59660-0-35949900-1501304981_thumb.jpg

Nice! silver doctor blue and double ribbing, wings, nice sparkle.

I just about take all pics with my iPhone. What I do is take the pic best focus/lite and then use phone to magnify as much as possible and then do screen shot.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.png

post-52832-0-07700900-1501425568_thumb.jpg

This one has Flatsroamer written all over it!!!

Oh, and you can get UV stuff off eBay. This would look great on the tying desk!

post-52832-0-93676500-1501425705_thumb.jpg