Fly Tying
zip

Sorry Gents

Hey guys,I wanted to formally apologize for dropping out of those swaps so quick with no explanation.

The Marines are trying to pull me back into active service.Doesn't look like it will go through though.

Too early to jump back on swaps because I don't want to have to drop back out...it wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Figured I would let yall know what was up.Best wishes,wet nets,smelly hands and tight lines!

Hey man, if you go, keep your head down and your powder dry. My draft card's 55 years old now so I doubt they'll call me but thank you for prior service. Hope to see ya' back when all is sorted out for ya'.

I've said it before ... government departments are stupid, including the military ones. They are separating 100's or 1000's of people who WANT to stay in, to reduce the size of the force (that's what happened to me), but trying to keep those who want to leave. They do this so they don't have to re-train someone who wants to stay.

I am an EX Marine for exactly this reason. The Marine Corps failed in it's loyalty to me, first. I have no loyalty to them.

Quondam Fidelis

Quondam Fidelis

I know it was a serious post but this made me laugh

Mike I know a lot of guys who got the same shaft.I didn't get it like that, I really enjoyed my time in.

Carson,I was deployed 4 times.Two of those were year long and back to back.It was real and it was fun,but it wasn't real fun.Body can't take that abuse anymore.Gotta salvage what I can!

Quondam Fidelis

I know it was a serious post but this made me laugh

LOL Nothing about the USMC is a serious issue with me, anymore, Agn. I have a tattoo on my forearm, so I get the "Semper Fidelis" once in a while. Quondam Fidelis is always my reply.

Mike I know a lot of guys who got the same shaft.I didn't get it like that, I really enjoyed my time in.

I LOVED my time in. I was looking for 20 years and then a consulting job with one of the aeronautics manufacturers ... but nooooooooo. If I hadn't loved it so much, perhaps the involuntary separation wouldn't have bothered me so much. As it was, I drove from headquarters (where they gave me my papers) to the front gate, throwing my uniform issue away, one piece at a time.

You've served your time ... go smoke a joint and get refused on the drug test. No, don't do that, they'll court martial you just to "get back at you".

Haha Mike I admire you're disgruntled-ness.The force is strong with you!

You've served your time ... go smoke a joint and get refused on the drug test. No, don't do that, they'll court martial you just to "get back at you".

Yeah, I have seen that more than you want to know. The VA is setting everyone up to drop them so they don't have to pay bills on them. it is a SERIOUS sham that no-one spot-lights.

Good luck Zip! Thanks for your service and I hope life treats you well!