Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tctrout

Fly Tying Gadgets: Razor Blade Tools

In my most recent video, I share a couple razor blade tools that I regularly use at my bench. I'm sure many of you have others to recommend, thus I'd love to hear what other blades are being used.

Enjoy!

Tim

Hi tc how are you? Two of the tools in the the video I agree are great tools for a tyer, Dr Slick scissors and double edge razor blades, excellent. The 13pt knife you show is nice also, I use an X-acto knife, especially for taking apart a fly for redo purposes, the blade is stiffer and the handle is made to give you more control. Great video, I look forward to them.

Hi tc how are you? Two of the tools in the the video I agree are great tools for a tyer, Dr Slick scissors and double edge razor blades, excellent. The 13pt knife you show is nice also, I use an X-acto knife, especially for taking apart a fly for redo purposes, the blade is stiffer and the handle is made to give you more control. Great video, I look forward to them.

All is going well with me, and I hope the same for you! Thanks for the kind words, and I appreciate your comments. The X-Acto knife and other sturdier ones are great tools to have on the bench, and may ultimately be safer, too. The key is about control, as you said, and those larger ones do well as pattern size increases. Thanks again, and I hope you had a great Easter.

Tim