Fly Tying

Favorite Warmwater species

What are your favorite target species for warmwater?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought I would stir up the shat a bit and find out what you fellas are fishing for!! I've already voted....now it's your turn!! wink.gif

that may change this spring when we hit the Green in Casey county for those monster gar....I'm telling you, possible state record fish in that hole!!!

depending... if I feel like a meal in the mid to late spring time or teaching someone to fly cast and teh other basics, I have to give the nod to bluegills. Other than that its smallies... with the occasional pike mixed in. Let me tell ya, a 33" pike on a 5wt rod is a good time!

steve

Not to start anything, but how about "any fish I can get suckered into biting my fly"? Thats the one I am after...hehehehe

Jim

I sure wish you would BDH! LOL You know some of us (ME) don't give a crap what we catch as long as we catch something. I mean baby perch is fair game for me as far as I am concerned. LOL Just something to keep in mind. hehehe

Jim

Bass are my first choice most of the time, but in the waters I fish a mixed bag is always possible, so I never overlook any opportunity! I've caught some nice size panfish while fishing for bass, and even some Stripers in the tidal waters!

Of course I've caught some nice bass while fishing for panfish also! wink.gif

BDH, I have to express how deeply disappointed I am to not see pike as a choice in the poll. unsure.gif blink.gif dry.gif wallbash.gif

For that reason, I have to choose "Other".

Of course, bass are a very close second.

I clicked "Bass Species," but I'll go with some of the other guys and say that it can often be a toss-up between them and pike, and it is truly hard to beat tubing a glass-smooth pond in the evening for 'gills...

Here I go again, can't make up my mind, kind of like a woman (right BDH j_k.gif ).

Derek

Well if i cant get to a cold water stream to fish for a "real" fish wink.gif then i'd have to say those ol' nasty fish the Will fishes for....what are the called? smallies dunno.gif

j_k.gif

SD