Fly Tying
vicente

Swap fly caught fish pictures,

I was thinking we should have a place to show off the results of our swaps in action, if you can name the swap and swapper the fly came from.

I'll start it off. Bass caught on caloosa bugs weedless frog from the bass swap.

post-58401-0-64881500-1504367053_thumb.jpg

Cool idea

When I get back on the water and actually catch something I'll post the results.

I have a bunch of fly swap flies that I never gotten (is that a word) wet

Now if I can tell you which swap they came from is a different story but they all still have toe tags.

My son caught several little bass like this one on this nice little cork popper from the Froggy Swap of 2016 -- sorry I can't credit the tier by name as the toe tag is long gone. It surely worked though, and I'll be tying up some more like it soon!

post-36073-0-90427600-1504502006_thumb.jpg

From my first swap a year ago.

2nd Annual Largemouth/ Smallmouth..As long as it floats swap.

Dorado. bentwing. jjs89y. Mandog.

The last two were caught today on Crackleback's diver.

post-59266-0-77770500-1504580082_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-58005700-1504580102_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-06488100-1504580164_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-57789400-1504580211_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-19291700-1504580234_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-69926100-1504580253_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys

I was floating a river with a guide. A long, hard day and finally I told the guide that I had enough energy for two more casts. The first one brought in weeds. The last cast suddenly stopped halfway back and the line was pulsing. I set the hook and the battle twice took me around the drift boat punctuated with runs and head shakes. I remember the guide saying, "you lucky sob, you just called your shot". It has been slow this year, so looking forward to the last weeks of the season.

Nice and last cast story. Years ago I told my son to pack it in we had to run for the weigh-in. He had to make one more cast while I was storing rods and caught the fish that won the big bass pot.

I've had two musky on a fly rod over the years and both of those were because they decided to take the struggling bluegill on my line for their next meal. Broke of on one and actually played one about 30" in to net while still fresh. Kind of guided it in and when it was netted it went crazy. Bluegill flew about 10' away and we flipped net and dropped him amidst a small eruption of water. Just wondering what kind of a rod you're throwing those flies with and how big the ones you're using are?

Here's one from yesterday.

A suspending crab from the last salty swap i participated in i think. Apologies for not remembering the tyer's name.

Cast just up current of a school holding station in some timber and allowed to drift back towards them. Got much more interest than just this one....

post-22241-0-04888200-1508052939_thumb.jpg

Hopefully Im gonna wear this thread out next week.

I finally got permission to fish a tank/pond that Ive been trying to get on to for two years. On a good day (20-40) bass a day between 2-6lbs...2-3lb Crappie and 1-2lb Bream

Havent seen my brother in 7-8 years and we get 2 days on this pond .....6 fly rods,3 spinning rods and one casting rod...My brother likes to fly fish as long as the fly fishing is good otherwise he switches to Conventional gear.

Right now Im like a kid thats been told hes going to Disneyland next week I cant even sleep right now.

I have a baggies of flies from Fly Swaps still with the toe tags on them... ill try to keep track of them and post them as I catch him.

Wish me luck