Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dux-R-Us

Oklahoma bound steelheader......

Just found your site recently. I like it.

I have been in Stillwater, OK for 22 years, moving here from Lansing, Mich. Oklahoma's two year-round trout fisheries are a bit far to drive for frequent outings.

I mainly fish warm water species. Black bass is first, and then white bass and hybrid stripers. Panfish are often sought.

Below the dams on the Arkansas River (Kaw and Keystone dam) I have caught all sorts of things besides the above. Other things have been saug-eye, channel catfish, flathead catfish, gar, drum and even a big gizzard shad once. You never know what may take your fly.

My favourite fishing is steelhead, but i don't get too many chances to do that anymore. My steelhead haunts are NW Indiana and Lake Michigan tributaries in MIchigan.

I am a professional entomologist. Earned my Doctorate at Kansas State U in 1991, specializing in insect genetics. Taxonomy and phylogenetics are also interests.

My most fished trout water is in Colorado where family live; my stream there is the N. Fork of the Poudre La Cache near Ft. Collins. Other family places are Central Penna, where I have fished many small streams since who knows when.

I run English springer spaniels and golden retrievers; they help keep me stocked with mallard flank and many other materials.

Tally ho!

Kevin

Welcome to the site, Kevin. Nice introduction.

Central Florida here, so no Steelhead or other salmonidae here, either.

Lots of big Sunfishes and Large Mouth Bass, though.

Welcome from another Floridian (Tampa Bay area). I majored in ichthyology, MA in physiology of fishes. 32 year career plus consulting after retirement. Grew up in Irving TX until I escaped. :-)