Fly Tying
troutguy56

Big western howdy from Northern California

Hello folks. Name is Dan, from Auburn, Placer County, CA. Looking forward to learning about some of the new tricks in tying and neat materials available now, after 20+ years away from the endeavor. Hadn't planned on it being that long, but there you go. After hip replacement surgery in July I figured what better time to get back into tying, so for the last month and some have been working out the kinks. I'm finding it is NOT like riding a bike; not for me anyway. So ladies and gentlemen, I'm thrilled to now be in the company of the many, MANY talented fly tiers, fly fishers and outdoor enthusiasts as I know I'll find here. Thanks ahead of time for the info I expect to be soaking up like a sponge, starting...NOW! Best regards and Tight Lines to All. Dan D.

Howdy pardner from Miami Florida. Welcome to the site! I hope you stay with us as we are very close to each other. Also, lets see some pics of your flies in a different thread so that the more experienced can help you!!

Welcome to the site, Dan. Might not be like riding a bike ... but the techniques haven't changed, so it should be easier than, say, learning what wife's think!

Welcome to your new home!Always feel free to ask questions, there is a ton of talent here!