Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

Tie a donation

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 FrequentTyer

FrequentTyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm in. Just to make sure I understand, tie 12 flies made up from an assortment of those 5 types?

#17 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm in please.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#18 gpd4

gpd4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm in.  Wouldn't miss this one.

There is three times as much water on Earth as there is land. Any fool can see, God intended man to fish three times as much as he works.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

#19 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks to everyone who signed up.  Looking forward to seeing all your contributions.

I'm in. Just to make sure I understand, tie 12 flies made up from an assortment of those 5 types?

You got it.  These are the fly patterns and sizes suggested by CFR.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#20 mybadhabit

mybadhabit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Bob, get ahold of Kate at JStockard, she has sent me boxes for the past 3 yrs, they are always happy to provide the boxes for CFR.

Blane

#21 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sorry Bob I could not make it this year. GREAT work that you do!!!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#22 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Mine are in the post.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#23 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

In the post and coming your way.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#24 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

My computer has been in the shop since last Saturday.  I am posting from my daughter's home.  Looking forward to seeing your flies.  Kate, from J.Stockard has notified me that they are again (4th time) donating fly boxes.  Support them if you can.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#25 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Youre a good man Bob

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#26 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Li'lDave  Easy now, you don't want his ears to get lopsided.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#27 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

First set of flies arrived, Thanks Horseshoes, great looking set.

Fishing Bob

#28 OLD BUD

OLD BUD

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

If someone drops out or can't meet the deadline pm me.I'll be glad to help. 

#29 williamhj

williamhj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

They do take direct donations. http://castingforrec...-fly-donations/

#30 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

They do take direct donations. http://castingforrec...-fly-donations/

Yes, you can send items or money to the national office for use where ever, or you can find the local or state director from the CFR main page:http://castingforrec...wordpress/home/.  I send these to the main office, but I also just sent a box with two dozen flies to my regional director.

Fishing Bob