Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

7th Annual Casting for Recovery Project

Tie a Donation

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Cencalfly, sorry to see you go. vicrider thanks for stepping up.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#32 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

First set from Piker 20 arrived today.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#33 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

Wow that was quick. Glad they arrived safe.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#34 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Vicrider your flies arrived, thanks for your support.

Fishing Bob

#35 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

Yeah Bob, realized after I told you I'd double up I already sent a package. Sent another a couple of days ago so you should get another set in near future. Have a few extra in there so you can decide which fit bill for their use the best.

Nick

#36 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Yeah Bob, realized after I told you I'd double up I already sent a package. Sent another a couple of days ago so you should get another set in near future. Have a few extra in there so you can decide which fit bill for their use the best.

Nick

Second set in todays mail, thanks for the extra effort. 

Fishing Bob

#37 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hey Bob you should have received my flies by now. Let me know.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#38 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

mine too did they arrive?

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#39 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Only the three sets on page one so far.  Will post when they arrive.

Fishing Bob

#40 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

I will finish tonight just have the buggers left to tie, will mail em out in the morning. Should I toe tag these flies? It is really no trouble to do it but seems that as you are putting these in boxes it might be be better to leave the tags out.

I tied :

3 x pink hi-viz para adams # 12 

2 x Elk hair Yellow Humpy #10

3 x Guide's choice hares ear #10 and #12

2 x Para hoppers #10

2 x Black wooly buggers #8 

I really think this is a great cause as this disease affects us all at some level. Let me know if you could use another set of flies, I would be happy to do another. 

#41 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

No toe tags, I will put your screen name on the fly box. 

Fishing Bob

#42 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

No toe tags, I will put your screen name on the fly box. 

10/4

#43 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

I was going to send mine along with your Evo5 set. Guess I will mail them this weekend.

#44 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Well after some delay due to my mother in laws extended visit ( whats that old quip about relatives and fish?) I got my flies sent off today. Should be there in about 3-5 days.

#45 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Pica, your flies arrived today, thanks for helping.

Fishing Bob