Fly Tying
SpokaneDude

How to blend Z-lon and Antron yarns?

I am trying to figure out how to blend Z-lon (or Antron) and Antron yarns to create the Emergent Sparkle Pupa; I don't want to cut them into small pieces and blend because I need to create the overbody which uses two different colors and proportions of Z-lon (or Antron) and Antron (3/4 Z-lon or Antron with 1/4 Antron). In some places the recipe calls for Z-lon, in other places it uses different colors of Antron blended.

Any ideas on how to accomplish the blending of the two different colors without cutting them into tiny pieces?

SD

Hi SD,

You asked this same question not too long ago right here . Planet trout answered your question and included a step by step that's on his blog. I linked the third page that has his answer on it.

Regards,

Mark

mvendon: I never saw Planettrout's response including the link above... it's using dubbing, I am using 6" pieces of Antron yarn... I will try the comb approach and see what happens... thank you...

Flytire: I just clicked on the link, (which is a valid URL), you are referring to and was able to see the image I uploaded... don't know why it didn't work for you... How can I include an image in my responses like you did?

SD

How can I include an image in my responses like you did?

SD

use a photo hosting website like "imgur"

https://imgur.com

create an account and upload your photos

OK... signed in to imgur, here's what happens: An error occurred - You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. (it's a .JPG)

What do I do now?

find your photo on imgur

UtvYQ0v.jpg

click on the photo you want to show on the forum and then copy the BBCode shown by the arrow

ZZlEnnA.jpg

then paste the code you just copied into the reply box and photo should be here after you click on post

your code above should look exactly as shown below

you need to add the items in red

3UaA51U.jpg

if you right click on your photo thats in imgur and the white dialog box appears. click on "copy image address" and then paste it in your forum response

PjCT4Lx.jpg

Ahhh... thank you so much... in all my years working with websites, etc., I've never seen it where a user has to know HTML... very strange, in my opinion... :-}

Again, thank you for spending the time working with me...

SD

SD, you can load an image directly to your page by using the more reply options tab. Click the tab and you will get a reply screen with more options. Under the text frame, you will find the Attach Files area. Click the Browse button, and locate your file on your computer. Then click the Attach this file to upload it, You will get a line just above the words Attach Flies with a snapshot of your image. Scroll down and click Reply. Your reply will load with the image as small view, but it will expand when clicked.

Forgot to mention, but you will have to reload the Fly Tying pages to be able to see your new post.

post-12074-0-88636700-1520308259_thumb.jpg