Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dble Haul

Pike Featherbrain

Mark... a great job and the first I have seen tied by someone else...let me know if you have any questions, especially about changing size and profile. Thanks

I seen that you successfully tied it for smallmouth, what size and type of hook did you use because I'm wanting to attempt to tie some up.

Nicely done thumbsup.gif

John, between the article in the magazine and all of your other instructions in various places on the internet the tying of this fly wasn't too difficult. It was a bit time consuming for the first time, but I expect the process to get more streamlined as I do more of them. Overall, your instructions are excellent, and the mag article has some helpful additional tips.

Will, for smallies I made some of these on size 2 and 4 hooks, and the best color combo was chartruese over white. I wrapped some lead around the hook shank as a first step so that the flies would get down in the water. Although I don't recall the exact model of hook, suffice it to say that the overall fly length was anywhere from 2.5 to 4 inches.