Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Late Summer / Early Autumn Dry and Nymph Swap

Lets try again.

As the northern hemisphere moves towards winter, I want you to think about your favourite late season patterns (typically for brown trout).

Some friends and I are heading to Tasmania in March (Late Season in southern hemisphere), and I want to see what you've got.

The deal is each of us will tie a pair of flies e.g a dry fly (or emerger) and a nymph that we would like to use come late season. (my combination can be used as an indicator dry / dropper but yours doesn't have to). No size restrictions.

Please specify if you prefer to fish your combination on streams or lakes. I'm hoping we'll get a good variation here.

Standard rules apply including self addressed return envelope and toe tags, US Dollars or paypal will be accepted for return postage. If you can keep the package as small as possible (less than 20mm or about 3/4in) we should be able to send as a letter, thus minimising the costs of sending international (the standard altoids tin should work for this).

Looking for 10 players plus myself. Tie 10 of each pattern and you won't get any of your own ties back.

SM - #14 royal coachman and #16 BH hares ear nymph (stream) done
1. Mainard #12 elkhair caddis #16 prince nymph (stream) Received
2. Flytire opal x caddis dry and ice cased caddis received
3. Vicrider wulff and #24 zebra midge address sent
4. Fishing Bob nelsons caddis and hares ear nymph received
5. Dubs Beetle and drowned ant Received
6. mcgx2 PFD emerger and fly guides nymph (stream) Received
7. adam Saarinen - received
8. Rockworm- received
9. LilDave - Caddis combination (#14 EH Caddis plus #12stick caddis) for lakes done
10. Adam saarinen mayfly plus nymph - received

Due date at my door in 8 weeks time - that is 18 January 2018.
(remember - delivery from US / Canada to Australia typically takes 2 to 3 weeks)

I would have made it 6 weeks but that would bring delivery to between Christmas and New Year.

Thank you and I look forward to your participation

Edit made to the first post.

Apologies. It should have read:

"Tie 10 flies and you won't get any of your own ties back."

Count me in . I prefer to fish streams . I'll do 10 #12 EH caddis and 10 #16 prince nymphs .Thanks for hosting.

I would have made it 6 but that would bring delivery to between Christmas and New Year.

huh? why couldnt 6 tyers have the same due date of jan 11, 2018??

as long as it stays a maximum of 10 i'm in

opal x caddis (dry) - ice cased caddid (nymph)

USA tyers. dont forget the customs form

immc1_008_3.jpg

Well, as long as I have time to recover from Santa's Christmas Swap I don't have anything exciting after that so I'll join in. In a swap awhile back I did a fly-dropper combo and will try to make time to do that this time around. Something along the order of a one of the many Wullf variations with an 18" dropper to a #24 Zebra midge flashback pre-tied and wound on foam ready to go.

Nick

So do you get the customs form at the post office? My first time sending anything outside the country. I am shooting to drop mine in mail the second week of Dec. Thanks