Fly Tying
Mike West

April Fools Warm Water Swap...

Standard swap rules apply,go read them if you dont know them.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1515

The criteria is If you were going to your favorite warm water fishing hole and you were only allowed two fly rods and one fly box of 12 flies and your two fly rods were a 3-6wt & a 7-9wt and you didnt know what youre going to catch that day ..it could be Bream,Crappie,SM/LG Bass,Sandbass or Strippers or all of them what would those 12 flies be?

The rules are really vauge & open.

Basically tie 2-3 of your favorite fly for each species you fish for.

The only No No is I dont want to see someone enter Id fish a Wooly Bugger in 3 different sizes for all spieces in 3 diiferent colors or a foam fly as such.

To avoid the confusion & questions, You should tie at least six flies that can be cast on a 3-6 wt and 6 flies that would normally be cast on a 7-9wt.

I will tie my dozen plus an other dozen, so you will all get at least 2 flys apiece from me and I will probably throw in 1 Popper in The Raw (meaning painted ready to go you finish the tail)per participant.

I will throw all the names in a hat,draw a name and youll get that participants 12 Flys.

Packages are due to me by 4/6/18

I have to get at least 10 to do this. Entry cutt off is 3/2/18.

1. Zip...received 3/20...Vincent

2. Vicente...received 3/21..Rick Zieger

3. Rich Mc...received 3/29...Old Hat

4. Ekucolonel17....received 3/30...MuskyFlyGuy

5. Vicrider...received 3/19...MikeWest

6. MuskyFlyGuy.....received 3/14...Rich mc

7. Hazathor....received 4/6...Vic Rider

8. Fshng2...received 3/29....Ekucolonel17

9. Rick Zieger....received 3/9....Zip

10. Old Hat....received 3/30.....Fishng2

11. Mike West...Hazathor

I'll get in on it Mike!Sounds like fun!

Mike, I love to tie trout flies but the small amount of fishing I do get in is almost totally warm water. I'd like in but just to understand this I tie 12 flies as normal. 6 of those will be (in my case) based around crappie, bluegill, sandbass and 6 of them based on bigmouth bass and maybe a couple of striper/hybrid patterns. Each group of 6 should have no more than 3 of each pattern and when you have them all in the entire group of 12 goes to one swapper. If I have that right then I'm in.

Vic...U got it thats was my plan/idea...sounds fine

Muskyflyguy,

You do what ever you would do going to your favorite water

to fish for the day with only 12 flies...variety is always nice though.

I'm in!

EDIT: wait, I think I miss understood... so a SET of 6 flies for each size category, not 6 of the same fly. Is that right? I'm still in.

Hazathor, the way I understood and plan to tie mine is 2 or 3 each of a couple patterns to make 6 for bluegill. And then the same for some bass patterns.

Clear as mud?

I'm in!

EDIT: wait, I think I miss understood... so a SET of 6 flies for each size category, not 6 of the same fly. Is that right? I'm still in.

Like I said the rules are vague and open. Tie six of your favorite flies that could be cast on a 3-6 wt line and six of your favorite that can be cast on a 7-9wt line for any of the species listed. They can be in any combinations and or patterns.