Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Swampfoxforeman

6wt reel help

I just seen on my card I have $90 in awards. So I could get the Lamson liquid for around $10. Lamson remix for around $80. The loop evotec g4 for $80-95. I also can get the Galvan rush lite with military discount n my award points for around $160. I would have to buy backing and line for the reels except the The Galvan comes with SA fly line. Any thoughts on which 6wt I should go with?

I have been fishing with 2 different Lamson reels for more than 10 years, they have excellent drags and have stood the test of rough use, larger fish, and saltwater. If it were me, I would stay with Lamson.

I have heard Lamson are good. The only thing about the liquid that Im concerned with is the cast factor being it is made completely of cast and 100% overseas. The Lamson remix is cast spool with CNC frame so 50% overseas and 50% USA made. The loop and Galvan is all CNC. Loop is made in S. Korea, and the Galvan is USA made.

I have the lamson liquid, I bought the pack with extra spools a few years ago, it's been a good reel I would buy it again.

could get the Lamson liquid for around $10.

If it were me, I would stay with Lamson.

have the lamson liquid, I bought the pack with extra spools a few years ago, it's been a good reel I would buy it again.

Looks like good advice right there.

I'm not out to impress and if a reel cost more than 20$ I'll look on ebay.to find a Pflueger.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, Swampfoxforeman said:

I just seen on my card I have $90 in awards. So I could get the Lamson liquid for around $10. Lamson remix for around $80. The loop evotec g4 for $80-95. I also can get the Galvan rush lite with military discount n my award points for around $160. I would have to buy backing and line for the reels except the The Galvan comes with SA fly line. Any thoughts on which 6wt I should go with?

Avidmax is having a sale right now on Lamson Speedster.  6wt $181.49  That's a pretty sweet price on a really nice reel.  I have a speedster and a Guru 2.  Love both of them.