Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Tennessee Trout

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:25 AM

Hey, all you flyflingers and furchunkers! The May, 2005 issue of Flyfisherman Magazine has an informative article about tailwater trout fishing in Tennessee. We have, as I have said in the past, fishing all year. Today the temperature is going to be about 50 degrees and sunny. If you consider a trip away from your home waters, consider east Tennessee. Log on to www.hiwassee.net for information from a local TU chapter. If you plan to come down, put a note on their messageboard and someone will respond to help out with info, flies, etc. For license info, log on to www.tnwildlife.org to get the skinny. I will say up front, our license fees are higher than many states. See you on the river! wink.gif

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!

#2 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:59 AM

Yup, excellent article!

Thanks for the links.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#3 appalachian angler (tn.)

appalachian angler (tn.)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:56 AM

PSSST...Skeet, don't give away all our secret honey holes cool.gif

just kiddin' laugh.gif

Ya'll come on down...will put youins to some them trouts!

A.A.
"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies"

-- Bob Lawless.

#4 flymaster

flymaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

What they say is a fact. For rivers with year round fly hatches the TVA tailwaters are hard to beat. I love to fish them. You can take fish on dries any month of the year, and during the summer the sulphers are awesome. Real good time.

FM
CPR Catch-Photo-Release!