Fly Tying
Striperknight

Dubbing package storage

Now that I just received more dubbing packs from FTD, I'm wondering what everyone does for storage. The plastic tub is not working for me anymore. lol

Try Ziploc bags, in a larger tub. I keep mine in the original packaging in the dubbing/chenille drawer of a multi drawer craft bin.

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Untabbed-Business-Card-Pages-10-pack-10-Pack-15934/product_413371

^ Clear plastic business card pages work great. Take dubbing out it's bag and put each type and color of dubbing in the each slot. You can put pages in a binder. It works great for me, I have pages of synthetic dubbing, natural dubbing, etc. in all different colors, It's easy to page through and see all your dubbing choices and choose the one you are looking for at the time, You can label the each slot so it's easy to see when you are running low or out of any dubbing mix.

I prefer the boxes with hole cut and use a pair of tweezers with 90° tip bend to pull out what I need.

Bulky or less used bits I store in ziploks

was thinking about somehow using a rolodex might be cool, but now I like the paged card holder idea better

(a thinner 3 ring binder might fit in my material case)

thanks for that afish

Put the dubbing into album storage pages and the pages into a 3 ring binder. Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s when I bought a set of dubbing, they came labeled in these pages in a binder. One set for dry flies and the other for nymphs.

http://youratcstore.com/atc-albums-pages-boxes-c-32.html

This is interesting.

You could use a one whole punch towards the bottom of each pouch to get a bit out at a time.

Put the dubbing into album storage pages and the pages into a 3 ring binder. Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s when I bought a set of dubbing, they came labeled in these pages in a binder. One set for dry flies and the other for nymphs.

This is interesting.

You could use a one whole punch towards the bottom of each pouch to get a bit out at a time.

Just lift the flap at the top of each compartment to get to the dubbing.

Bead storage boxes are cheap. I just drill holes and you end up with something almost exactly like flytire had for his first pic. I have a bunch of these that I store in a larger plastic bin for easy access.

This is interesting.

Just lift the flap at the top of each compartment to get to the dubbing.

Just trying to offer options. Some people really like to put their tweezers in little holes... ;)

For the dubbing I have that didn't come in a dispenser box, I just use a binder ring (like these here) through the display hole on the plastic packaging they come in. I then nip the corner of the bag as others have said above. This way I can have a ring of all "ice dub" a ring of all "lazer dub" etc...

I do this with silli-legs, flash, and other materials as well. I don't have the wall space for a peg board. I may look into some of the plastic sleeves some of you others have recommended.