Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

More spinners

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

IMG-5629.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#2 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

I tied some of those and almost took my head off. Definitely need an open loop!

Those are really nice.
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#3 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

Really nice!Myself-Im a bit more of a purist,but when it comes to warm water;I'll try anything that works!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#4 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:14 AM

Out of interest, do you add lead at the head end to balance the fly or does the leader stop it fishing too tail down.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#5 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

The first ones I did I added lead eyes to the front thinking to help with line twist. Both worked fine practiced on 5 wt. the heavey ones kinda problem. They're fore bass or red fish. The bigger the blade the more feed back and resistance on the pull and since fly rod not steady retrieve but pulls and pauses with drops
IMG-5365.jpg
These new ones are for stocker trout and the smallest blades i could find. I think they will work grate swinging in the current etc. I have since glued eyes on the lil ones.

https://m.youtube.co...eature=youtu.be
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#6 RexW

RexW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Nice flies. Barlow's Tackle is one source for tiny spinner blades. "0" and "00" sizes have worked best for me for bass and freshwater Stripers.

#7 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

Here is a similar fly I use.   Also another I use in dingy water.

Rick

Attached Files