Fly Tying
Mike West

Where to find "these" Vinyl stick on eyes..?

I've googled and googled and can't find these...The website on the package is not working.

Someone has to be making these still right?

IMG_9223.jpg

Mike, I think you're out of luck. That website was started by young guy in FL I believe to attempt to establish a platform for some products he had in mind, and that was probably one of them. I used to check into that site fairly regular and even won a $25 gift certificate for a fly contribution to their site. I had the email of the owner of the site but unfortunately lost it in a computer change and didn't have a backup. Nice guy and I have some of his great poppers he made and painted but didn't realize the site was gone until you posted this and I tried my link and it's dead.

Nick

Flea-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-2D-Holographic-Lure-Eyes-Fishing-Tools-Fish-Eyes-Fly-Tying-Jigs-Tackle-Craft-/282390094061?hash=item41bfc2e0ed:g:CuIAAOSwol5Ywlk9

There are several listings, this is just a sample. Many sizes and colors available.

They are not the same as what you show, but I've been using them for several years, and they work well.

Paint your own. They will look just like them. Nails and old bic pens. I ground down the heads smooth. And some shanks needed thined to fit in the pen. I made different sizes for different eyes. I dip the nail in paint, and dap the fly. Let dry, and move to a smaller size. I finish with a drop of clear nail polish. I like the look of the eye ball at the bottom in different colors. You will get the same look.

post-60039-0-29800900-1502844191_thumb.jpg

post-60039-0-95273200-1502844218_thumb.jpg

post-60039-0-81378500-1502845435_thumb.jpg

post-60039-0-82028900-1502845451_thumb.jpg I did these fast and on paper....Just wanted to show

Hi Mike West,

I was cleaning out one of the drawers in our tying room and was planning to throw away a BUNCH of similar stick on eyes. They are yours if you want them just e-mail your address to [email protected] and I'll send them. Be sure to put "Stick on Eyes" in the subject line so my spam filter doesn't remove your e-mail. Take care & ...

I don't think on-the-vise.com in the Yahoo search is the same website that is shown on the package in the first post. There is no indication they are selling stick on eyes or anything else for that matter.

It seems the onthevise.com domain name is available to buy.

Paint your own. They will look just like them. Nails and old bic pens. I ground down the heads smooth. And some shanks needed thined to fit in the pen. I made different sizes for different eyes. I dip the nail in paint, and dap the fly. Let dry, and move to a smaller size. I finish with a drop of clear nail polish. I like the look of the eye ball at the bottom in different colors. You will get the same look.

attachicon.gif101_1725.JPG

attachicon.gif101_1726.JPG

attachicon.gif101_1727.JPG

attachicon.gif101_1728.JPG I did these fast and on paper....Just wanted to show

I also paint my own eyes. But I can see the utility of the flexible vinyl eyes Mike West was looking for.

It can get dicey painting the curvature of some bodies and in a different way the non-flexible commercially

available eyes have a similar problem. Given a big enough eye and you lose contact with the body with

the painting tool or with the non-flexible eye.

As best I can tell the only currently available way to obtain flexible vinyl eyes is to make you own with a set

or different diameter cutters and vinyl adhesive sheets. https://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Ease-Assorted-Permanent-Silhouette/dp/B0034CHHV6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1502897307&sr=8-7&keywords=vinyl+sticker+sheets

post-11380-0-68347100-1502897170_thumb.png

Yes I tried painting my own eyes with fabric paint,acrylic paint and vinyl paint on top of wax paper and parchment paper and I wasn't happy with the results and it's a pain in the ass. These would be much easier and have the same look as hand-painted eyes.

Thinking about stopping in one of these vinyl sticker businesses you see all over place that do custom signs and stickers for you and Ishow them this picture and see what it would cost to have a few hundred made in a couple sizes.

P.S. Thx Al message sent

I've googled and googled and can't find these...The website on the package is not working.

Someone has to be making these still right?

IMG_9223.jpg

Mike,

Here is the artwork for the eyes.

Just have them print it on vinyl and cut them out your self.

Or have them printed on to photographic paper, apply with cement and coat with UV Resin.

I have included the Illustrator file so that the printer can increase the size or I can resize them for you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ck0v40gpkdnp350/vinyl_eyes.zip

Kimo

You can make your own with colored electrical tape and different sized hole punches. Harbor Freight has a cheap set of hole punches. It's easy as pie.

You can make your own with colored electrical tape and different sized hole punches. Harbor Freight has a cheap set of hole punches. It's easy as pie.

I never thought of that ....Thx

I already use all the colored electrical tape on my job at work, Think I have a leather punch and some paper punches laying around somewhere to