Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Southeast CT shore report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dble Haul

Dble Haul

I LOVE SD!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:21 AM

I hit some shore spots in Waterford from late yesterday afternoon until about 9pm. Upon arrival, the beach areas were still full of swimmers and sunbathers so I hit an out of the way edge of rock and white sand where sandeels were balled up. It looked fishy, and my patience soon paid off with a few fiesty schoolies that I sighted. They eagerly took my bronze over smoke surf candy.

As the afternoon turned into evening, the terns were working hard at the end of an outflow. The shadows lengthened and I switched to a black flatwing that got immediate attention. I missed an embarrasing number of fish, managing to only land about one of every three that hit. rolleyes.gif But now I know that they're into their summer mode, and will be available for graveyard shift efforts on the weekends.

It was a beautiful night to get out and catch some fish.
Mark