Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Playing With Cork Again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

I've developed a real fondness for cork poppers; not only fishing them, but making them from craft store cork bottle stoppers. I hadn't made any since about this time last year, so I've been trying to get the hang of it again. Here are the first two out of the current batch that turned out half decent (i.e. fishable).

Attached File  20171004_225431.jpg   110.76KB   1 downloads

Attached File  20171004_225632.jpg   80.97KB   1 downloads

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#2 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

I love cork poppers and look forward to when the cork popper thread appears. Is it winter already? Nice poppers.

#3 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

Thanks Poopdeck -- I love cork for poppers too. I've been toying with the idea of trying my hand at balsa poppers as well, but I need to watch a few more YouTube videos before I do that. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman