Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Click! Poppers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

Certainly a simpler and more options but gonna need at least a 10wt-12wt to cast. Almost turning into lure not fly. "Hit in the head with half a chicken" syndrome. Kinda why I was trying the all in one deal...You could put a length of leader between the two also.
The dangling effect prolly make lotta clicks/rattles.
IMG-5009.jpg
Everything is clicking in the rain barrel....
Done raided the crappie box....Bout burnt out on this. What's next? My favorite color?
IMG-5010.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#17 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,498 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:58 PM

Dag nabbit, Denduke !!!   I looked at the flash light in your picture, now I can't see anything !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#18 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

After the ideas of DB, Cej2525, of a detachable clicker ahead of the fly I've done gone really apechit! Robbed the crappie box. Tried them at local lake and was actually able to cast the small ones with 5wt. Gonna make some more swimmer tails with the lil floating balls for ole bucketmouth. Gotta go to another lake that one ain't no fish. Check the bottom one....it's gotta Devil'sHorse spinner on it...Specks,reds watch out!
I'm just adding flies at the split ring could dress some hooks if need to down size.

IMG-5072.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#19 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

Great looking & innovative flies.

#20 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:10 AM

How about brass and glass like a carolina rig? Might be easier to cast.

Put on front with a small wire, followed by your popper. Similar to what you have.

You are on the feathered edge of fly design! (Pun intended )
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#21 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:27 PM

Very interesting approach! So, have you had the opportunity to toss them for some trout yet? smile.png

#22 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:45 PM

Nope
IMG-5205.jpg

#23 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:57 PM

wub.png