Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Recent Flies For Bass!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:14 AM

It's been some months since I posted last. I started a new business and it's been keeping me busy.

So, here's some of what I've been tying lately. I hope you like them! 

Deceivers and the Half & Half are tied on 3/0 Owner plastic worm hooks and are about 6" long for the Deceivers and 5" long for the Half & Half. Typical materials, strung neck hackle & bucktail with some Polar Flash topped with peacock herl strands. 

The one Deceiver also has a two prong, wire snag guard, since the lake here is full of stumps. 

Clouser Minnows, are tied on 2/0 Tiemco stainless hooks and are about 4" long. They're tied with bucktail over a blend of Polar Flash colors. 

Attached Files

#2 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

What kind of wire? I like your flies.
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#3 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:35 PM

The wire weed guards are .015 stainless. They're formed so they can be added at the hook eye and fit over the hook point under tension, but I tied them in so they form two prongs that guard each side of the point. 

Attached Files

#4 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:49 AM

How do you attach them to the hook?
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#5 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

Very nice! Clousers and Deceivers -- can't go wrong with those. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman