Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

PA Steelhead Trip

A while back I posted about a possible Steelhead trip and we somewhat decided on a date for Jan. 24th. I was looking through the archives at fisherie.com and discovered that the tribs were pretty much frozen over by that time so it is not looking good for that date.

I spoke with Chris(Big Daddy Hubbard) and talked him into going and as of right now we have decided on a date of Jan 2,3,4. From the archives of last year they actually got rain during this time and a very big fresh push of fish came in during that time. I fished Elk Creek the weekend after Christmas last year and there was alot of ice but it was fishable.

We decided to change the data because it looks like if we kept the date the 24th none of us would be doing any fishing.

So I guess we will start over in seeing if anyone is still interested.

Dave,

Since you replied to my post I'm assuming that your planning on making it to PA for the trip. Chris will be so happy!

Davey, my lad....wanna go and watch me drown Will???? Gonna kill him if that damn river is frozen when we get there!!!!!

You know, Will, with it being that cold, it will be much easier to hacksaw your little bony ass up when I dump you in the woods!!!! biggrin.gif

I am just wondering if anyone else is going to join us?? Maybe these fellas are afraid of getting out fished by two steelie newcomers??!!

Those dates may work, although I'll have to run it past the "War division"

We have that week off and may head the other way.

I "should" be able to make it but if BDH is going i'm sleeping with one eye open!

And if the river is frozen over then smallie better sleep with one eye open! or get to drilling! lol

SD

Yea I only fished one full day around Nov 1st and I landed 8 and that was only fishing at night and sitting around and watching the spectacle of the crowds during the day. It's an amazing place.

Sounds like there'll be a large enough group to have a good time regardless of ice. Think camaraderie, 'fish' stories around a potbelly stove, cribbage, beef stew, and such. Have Fun!!!

I should be able to make those dates. I'll just have to check with the wife and make sure there isn't something I'm forgetting.