Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

How advanced is your tying bench?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

Kimo,

I hate to assume...so I’ll guess you are doing a lot, if not all, of your camera work at that desk aswell ?

I think I’d struggle to tie at that desk with all the lights and attachments around it, I’d be banging my hand into something constantly...one would need to be highly organized in their material layout prior to tying.

Yes. I'm doing photography as wells as tying videos. I use the same lighting for tying as well as video taping.
You can't see it but just out of frame is a Foba camera stand with an extendable arm that can be rolled into place.
The lamps can be pushed out of the way and everything is setup specifically to me and how I work.
The way it is setup it is easy to take a quick pic. It's just a matter of dropping a plastic cup lined partially with a plastic
mirror over the fly and pulling out the camera on the extendable arm of the camera stand.

Kimo

signature.gif

#47 feckineejit

feckineejit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

This is mine but I've only started tying past few months, I'm sure in a few years I'll have collected a lot more stuff and it won't look as tidy

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20191101_123737.jpg
  • IMG_20191101_124114.jpg

#48 Rolf Jacobsen

Rolf Jacobsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

This is mine but I've only started tying past few months, I'm sure in a few years I'll have collected a lot more stuff and it won't look as tidy

That looks just fine. Nice view too!

Brook Trout are God's way of saying everything is going to be all right.