Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Late garden

IMG-6251.jpg

Late start on garden. Need rain.

Corn, crowder peas, squash, okra, cucumbers, purple hulls, string beans, taters, few maters, punkins, cantaloupe on lower end...

Laugh at the caution tape for deer it works. But tibbar hit their ears as they run under it😡. They could develope "lead poisoning"😛

Few blackberries...

IMG-6235.png

My Kathy turned that into cobbler a la mode.

IMG-6236.jpg

Gonna be blueberries for GrandMaw!

IMG-6255.jpg

(M'sipi)

Wettest winter/spring in years. All the rivers seemed to stay flooded. 2nd time in a row they've had to open the spillway in La cuz BigMuddy has had our SouthDelta flooded since January. I look for trees to die. The Delta is black no planting. Serious problem. The Salt Marsh west is so fresh no speck fishing much. Guy said he saw bluegill spawning at one of the barrier islands. Hyacinth mats are all out in the salt. Crazy.

Problem in my little world managed to plant and no rain now for 2 weeks. Got a system coming in from the Gulf Friday so relief coming...

(M'sipi)

Nice garden Denduke! I can see Buddy the cat doing his rounds for rodents and suspicious birds, but do you think that plastic barrier fence will actually repel the deer?

My garden is just a few tomatoes set out last week in the perpetual mud, it's been too wet to work dirt since Christmas maybe. Yours looks wonderful and your berries are two-three weeks ahead of ours.

The deer have been there. Hammered my lil plum tree and was fixing to mangle a peach tree. I enclosed in the caution tape. Kinda late on the trees. A bud told me about the baracade tape few years ago. The only thing that is 100% is lectric fence. The tape has worked fine. Rabbits go right under it. Grrrr. The cat is taking a dump. They would have eaten it off at the ground by now. It's a Catch 22. Tryin to do lil garden out front but 300 yds. down the hill to the creek are food plots/ deer feeders. Only quipment is a tiller and hand push plow. Neighbor does the heavey stuff.

IMG-6262.jpg[/url

Got a neighbor that cleans chicken litter outa houses. Working on a pile leftover when he spread the garden year before last with one of his trucks. Put it around everything. Gotta be careful its hot!

https://postimg.cc/K1MW9wt3]IMG-6260.jpg

IMG-1283.png

IMG-2271.jpg

(M'sipi)

All mammals are sensitive to pepper. If you're a member of Sam's, Costco, etc., buy a large container of the hottest pepper powder you can find. Spread it around the perimeter of your garden, and anything "sniffing" its way in will get a nose full and run off sneezing.

Tried all that stuff. This is easiest. One time planted a field of sweet corn and put lil transistor radio ( Millenials, what's that) under a hard hat on a scarecrow. Barber shop hair, cheap perfume. Neighbor has a Fiest dog protects his real well. The deer danced to the music while they dined....

After everything gets big less problem but they continue on young peas, beans. Most use lectric fences.

Tried all that stuff. This is easiest. One time planted a field of sweet corn and put lil transistor radio ( Millenials, what's that) under a hard hat on a scarecrow. Barber shop hair, cheap perfume. Neighbor has a Fiest dog protects his real well. The deer danced to the music while they dined....

After everything gets big less problem but they continue on young peas, beans. Most use lectric fences.

Hairdressers hair cuttings seemed to work fairly well for a 30' x 40' garden some 20 years ago. Also got soaker hoses to run down one side of a row & back up the plants other side to water every morning when the rains didn't come connecting 6 PVC water valves in between PVC sections to regulate which rows got more or less watering.