Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

May the force be with you! Star Wars rod

Every once in a while I will get a request for a "themed" rod. This customer had been planning this build with for a a very long time now and today I finally finished it and have hos dream rod ready for him. It is a Star Wars themed rod with quite a bit of attention to detail and the futuristic look to it to say the least. From the thread wraps on the carbon fiber grip sealed under three coats of clear to the epoxy thread ramp to give a seamless transition from grip to blank, to the green marbling under the custom decals to the custom made rod sock no part of this build was overlooked on details.

zcnA08.jpg
AcajuG.jpg
r14voS.jpg
pbx7uC.jpg
uVm9S1.jpg
9HiCgb.jpg
3m3iEX.jpg
NeYERL.jpg
RzIfRD.jpg
tTjoqO.jpg

Wow! Truly ... WOW !!!

That's a fantastic looking piece art !!!

It's too bad the Resistance is doomed ... Long live the Sith !!!

That is some awesome work Steve, regardless of what I think of the theme itself, the workmanship is just splendid !

Your customer has to be thrilled with this rod! I have very little artistic/creative ability and have a ton of respect for those that do. The effort put into the design and your ability to follow through on their wishes is just amazing! Well done sir!

Wow! Nice job on that rod! I can't wait until I can see about having you make a rod for me. We'll be closing on our new home the 7th of July, so it will be a while yet, but I truly want rod from you!!

Thinking a Pike-class rod.