Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
miketipp

Euro Nymphing Rods

Has anyone compared the Vision Nymphmanic to the Cortland Nymph or any similar rods on a river. I am looking to get a new one and I am between these 2 but there might be something better for around the same price. Any suggestions? No point mentioning anything over €400

If you're looking for a good rod at a low price point, I bought a Wetfly Element SE 10' 3 weight a while back. It's light, sensitive, but still has good backbone. With a 5wt reel, it balances right at the front of the cork. I have used it for nearly a year, have caught hundreds of trout on it with absolutely no complaints. They are on sale right now for $99.99. I'm thinking about buying another one.

For much less than either of those, you could have Steeldrifter

http://www.midwestcustomflyrods.com/

make you a custom one, with your favorite colors of threads, grips and eyes.

Yep.

Even though I already have two dedicated commercially built euro/tight line nymphing rods, I'm eagerly awaiting the completion of a pair of rods that Steve is currently working on for me.

Less expensive, and though not done yet, if they end up looking anything like a bunch of his other rods, they will easily be better looking as well.