Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

RedfishCrack

I'm hour and half from M'sipi Gulf Coast, Biloxi and Pass Christian(my sister lives there). My son in law was raised in Slidell and has a bay boat and we fish Ponchatrain and Biloxi Marsh when we get a chance. I take my 14'/25hp OB and fish inshore when calm weather. I call Biloxi home.

IMG_4007.jpg

Although I don't get to fly fish as much on our trips La has great fishery and liberal limits.... Seems to offend some on this board. Get a life!!!!

IMG_4729.png

That's quite a haul! As long as they're legal limits and food and not garbage I got no problem with that. I'll be moving to New Orleans myself as soon as I can get my house sold. I'm gonna miss the Eastern Sierra's but I'm looking forward to flyfishing for Redfish. Maybe get a kayak...

PS where you catching those speckled trout?

IMG_4734.jpg

Specks were from "The Trestle", quite a fishing landmark. While speck fishing the reds surfaced under birds. 3 of us had 4 on at once, one still in the rod holder. We usually just keep a couple of the smaller ones for eating; the specks are best eaters around. 25 fish over 12" is La rule.

Fla has 4,5 fish 15-20" slot with one over 20"

These beads sink slowly. They track amazingly true like normal streamers; hook down and moderate sink rate. Mostly for the flash and they are big. Floaters would be nice. For fast sinkers need hour glass leads or bead chain ones. Not the intent; fish over shallow grass beds. Got the diving roaches and the "fiber foams" also for that deal.

So I added 25# mono weed guards....

IMG_4735.jpg

Chug bug 27, get some bug spray, long sleeve and long pant quick drying clothes, sunscreen hat, buff, and pay attention to gators and snakes! I am trying to find an AC for my boat.

Had a gator bump my kayak from underneath. Take my stringer of bream. I about capped myself. They are really not that dangerous. About two or three weeks in the spring, when bluegill are on beds, gators are breeding. They get ornery. If they start swimming back and forth, or obviously arching their back, paddle slowly away. The rest of the year they are shy. Bluegills and gators are breeding when Dogwoods are blooming. Dang, I sound like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Yeah, it's the getting ornery, swimming back and forth, arching their backs, and bumping the bottom of my kayak part I should probably think through a bit...