Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigbear54

big bear vs little bear

sitting at the dining rm. table I hear a noise behind me . I look out the open screened window were my trucks parked [ no more than 10' behind me at this point I get up and open the door to the stair and this ------ bear jumps down of my truck after peeling the hard tongue cover of at the front hinge end !!I'm yelling at the bear as loud as I can [ he's at the front of my truck and i'm on the stair and he's not moving. I was planing on going to the dump and decided to wait until tomorrow ,also had fish parts in trash from a fillet and release rainbow sss .] Any way I go inside and grab the 9 mm go back out to the stair platform and he' and the rear of the truck checking out my torn off cover.. I go out and fire of two rounds and you could here that bear running through the woods. I now sit at my fly tying desk on the second floor overlooking my truck loaded for bear . Hope I've seen the last of him. You can never be to care full by hte way the trash bags [just 2 small ] sit in on the kitchen floor until tomorow..

:lol: Classic! Sorry i just had a good laugh! He obviously didn't respond much to the yelling?

My brother lives in Alaska, well outside of any town along the Glenn Highway. With a pretty good sized piece of woods around his place he sees all kinds of tracks coming and going year 'round. He says that he doesn't pay much attention to grizzly tracks since the big bears keep moving. If he sees black bear tracks he starts making plans to deal with the animal since it will hang around and eventually get his dog or worse... The black bears in his neighborhood that I was able to watch across the river by spotting scope are so much bigger than the ones in the lower 48. I saw more than one that looked to be three feet wide across the butt... big problem if one of them starts hanging around your place. Glad all you faced was property damage and hope you can figure out a way to discourage that bear without having to kill him.

I am not much of a hunter but I had a story related to me many years ago about a bear in Canada that destroyed a convertable top and interior to get at a gum wrapper that had been left inside the car while the owners were on a fishing exscursion. I doubt that it is a good idea to put the fish remains inside the house with a bear around. I have even seen them in motels in the Smokies. That does not leave one with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

one time I was camping on a piece of property I used to own.I left a cooler full of food at the camp spot for one day. when I came back there was a mother black bear and her two cubs tearing the camp site apart.I felt like a huge idiot.They tore a hole in my tent that I patched with duct tape.I still use the tent to this day.