Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Druce

bird books

so its seems iv taken a real liking to birds, on trips this year iv gotten to see a lot of new birds like for instance the night haring, and my fishing spots have resident fish and frog eating birds, so the naturalist in me wants to get to know the birds in my zone, any tips on good identification books? So far this one seems promising.

http://www.amazon.com/Birds-North-America-Revised-Updated/dp/1582380902

Druce

MowestFlyfisher, the book you mentioned looks fantastic, sucks though that its only available used on Amazon. I will keep my eye out though.

Thanks for the tip my friend.

actually i found it and i will buy it, thanks MowestFlyfisher

I own a ,guide to field identification,BIRDS of north america a golden field guide.it is very thorough and has color plates of birds on every other page.It is the book with lazulis on the front.lazulis are little blue birds.I see a copy in amazon that is used and has one of the heads scratched off.it is an old but good book.but a new book would be good too.

ike

Kaufman is the best for ease of use and price. The other "best" is the Peterson Field Guide series, Roger Tory Peterson was to bird people what Lefty Kreh is to us, only not as good.

actually i found it and i will buy it, thanks MowestFlyfisher

Not a problem druce this book has served me well, and i am sure it will for you too.