Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Druce

lc 13 update

okay all,

a while back i posted a topic about lc 13 and loop to looping to my WF floating line, well I found info on this idea very hard to come across, So im going to tell you exactly how it worked for me, I have a ross 6 weight rod (awsome rod) and any section over 4 feet is nuts to cast (will send out all your line hahaha)! I now just use half foot, 1 foot and 2 foot sections of lc 13 with braided loop connections, anything over that and its pushing it for rod saftey. You can cast a 4 foot section, i did try it but im afraid of snapping my rod tip! This system will drag your floater under in under a few seconds and pull the leader along with it sinking your fly to the bottom, the shorter the leader the faster the fly will travel with the line to the bottom. I find this system fantastic for a pond i fish with sand bottom. Although mending this in a fast current is a great way to get your fly down to the bottom i would imagen, i prefer it for larger river system with a moderate to almost no current at all. So in conclusion yes it works just dont put to much lc13 on your tip, id imagen that half a foot is the same as about 1 split shot or two, I heard Bob Clouser uses this method as well, who knows though.

Druce