Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Help identifying my new-found rod...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:59 AM

I'd rub that reel seat threads down with paraffin, then scrub all the wax off with a cloth, just like waxing the ferrules, try to rub it clean- I have found wax to be a fair lubricant if it is rubbed well enough. (car wax or wood finish wax have also worked a time or two) A chamois or moleskin shim under the foot might let the seat fit better without over tightening, or not.

#32 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:08 AM

Nice, thanks
cb27

"Fly tying is replete with unproven theories and contradictions and therein lies much of it's charm and fascination." George F. Grant, The Master Fly Weaver