Fly Tying

Hatch Chart Directory

I would like to annouce that we now have a Hatch Chart Directory here at the forum. This new feature categorizes links to hatch charts by State and river name and will hopefully be a great addtion to the features here. It is our goal to have the largest collection of hatch charts that can be found anywhere.

I need everyone's help in growing the directory into something useful by adding links to hatch charts on your local area's websites. Adding a link to the directory is quick and easy. If everyone would take a moment to add a listing we will be on our way to providing a great tool to the members and visitors of this site.

To visit the directory: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=hatch_chart

If anyone has any questions, comments or ideas on how we can enhance the directly feel free to contact me.

This is the first category I went into as I am interested in learning about hatches here in New Brunswick Canada but the link to the chart doesn't seem to be active as I just keep returning to the main page and see no chart.

I guess it's because this topic discussion was from 2004 and has since then the link page has been deleted.

I will go and see if I can find it somewhere else.

I was really excited to see this too, as I have yet to find one that I really like... But found the same disappointment that you did James... :(

The hatch charts for many waters are in the old Fly Fisherman magazines if you're compiling data. Also, for the mid Atlantic : PA, NY, NJ, CT, DE, MD & VA there is ( or was ) the Fly Fishing Guide from the O Boys. It has monthly stream reports & hatch charts for lots of waters.

I would like to annouce that we now have a Hatch Chart Directory here at the forum. This new feature categorizes links to hatch charts by State and river name and will hopefully be a great addtion to the features here. It is our goal to have the largest collection of hatch charts that can be found anywhere.

I need everyone's help in growing the directory into something useful by adding links to hatch charts on your local area's websites. Adding a link to the directory is quick and easy. If everyone would take a moment to add a listing we will be on our way to providing a great tool to the members and visitors of this site.

To visit the directory: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=hatch_chart

If anyone has any questions, comments or ideas on how we can enhance the directly feel free to contact me.

Hello SmallieHunter, I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work and time that you've put into this awesome website. This site is, in my opinion, THE best fly tying site on the internet! I think you've done a wonderful job and just wanted to give you a thumbs up for all your efforts. Keep up the great work! And who cares that the Hatch Chart is down, there's plenty of other great resources here! Doesn't sway my opinion of this site one bit! And that's the truth.

I understand this is old from way back in 2004, but is there any hope this may get fixed? I keep getting this:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'sources/special/hatch_chart.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83

Whenever I try and open it. I've tried different computers to with no avil

There seems to be a bug in the code for this topic. The error messages are:

Warning: include() [function.include]: apc failed to locate sources/special/hatch_chart.php - bailing in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83

Warning: include(sources/special/hatch_chart.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'sources/special/hatch_chart.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on lin

cant get the chart, so anyone know of any hatch charts for northern Ireland still waters?

I understand this is old from way back in 2004, but is there any hope this may get fixed? I keep getting this:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'sources/special/hatch_chart.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83

Whenever I try and open it. I've tried different computers to with no avil

Hey Jarrod,

Great website about the island and the puntledge river! I have yet to get out and collect some samples of local areas to me (Port Alice) Northern Vancouver Island. Would you care to explain how you tend to catch insects, tools nessesary, how to save and preserve them and so forth? Would be nice to find out how a local-ish does it. Thanks!

Chris,