Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Essential Fly Box

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 J-Kno

J-Kno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:53 PM

Hey BB,

I had way too many messages in there... I'll send you a PM to respond to.

Thanks!

J-Kno, I tried to PM you my addy but I got a message that you couldn't receive any more PM's. Check you box and see if you need to discard some stuff. 

BB

#32 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:31 AM

Joshpilon, I'm glad you made your choice and it saved me stepping in as a moderator and making you change your pick if you went with wooly bugger. The thing is almost all of have wooly buggers to last us 'til the last fish is caught and often tie one as we're going along on a run just for a break. Even I can tie a darn passable conehead bugger but a good clouser minnow, now we're talking. I have tied 'em but on a 1-5 scale mine might be a 2 where my wooly bugger would be a 4.5. Looking forward to the clouser.

I figured I could use a bit of work on my clousers. No better way to make them better than to tie a bunch up and select the best 12. I have more buggers than I know what to do with anyways.

I'm ok with the 25th as well.

#33 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

10/25 works for me

#34 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Flies are in the mail today. PO says you should see Monday.

Rick

#35 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

Breambuster, send me your new address and I will get this pack of Wulffs headed your way.

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#36 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

RickZieger's flies arrived yesterday and they are super nice. He has sent everyone 2 flies and that is very generous of him. Thanks Rick. Great pair of flies. 

Netabrookie, check your PM inbox. 

Take care

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#37 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

Oops!!! I forgot to go to the Post office this morning so I guess I will send a pack of Wulffs out Monday

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

BB need an addy please.  Flies are ready to travel.  Did you weather the storm OK?

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#39 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:54 AM

Flies are in the mail.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#40 Trouta_Control

Trouta_Control

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for the extra time, Rick! Cant wait to see what you tied up.

BB- pm me that address!

#41 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Mine are in the mail and on their way.

#42 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

I have all the flies tied but am waiting on some things from Orvis. Thing is I know I have the items I'm waiting for but can't find them of course.

#43 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:28 PM

You get my flies? PO says they were delivered yesterday.

Fishing Bob

#44 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

Sorry, Bob. Just haven't gotten around to posting. Weekends, especially Sundays, are still busy for me, even though I'm "Retired." Anyway, your flies are here. They arrived Saturday. 

And to everyone else, Bob's flies, "Bivisibles" are awesome! Really neat looking flies. You're going to enjoy putting these in your box. 

Take care

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#45 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:34 PM

Joshpilon08’s flies have arrived and there are 2 very good reasons to like these. First, there are 2 sets and that’s double great. And second, they are very nicely done. Thanks Josh

Take care

BB