Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Nail Soup Swap

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

Got them in mail today. Looking forward to a nice mixture of "non-classic" flies from the group. Something a little different to throw at fish that have seen it all. I popped a Zebra Midge on there since it was one of the few flies that took a few fish for me last year on the White. Used as an anchor or by itself under a bobb indicator.

Nick, your flies came in over the weekend -- I'm sorry I'm just now posting to let you know. I've been kind of under the weather myself. They look great! Thanks for the extras, as well. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#32 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:47 PM

I'm pretty close to done work my flies, I'll be sending out two patterns 6 of each, the fuggler minnows and I was tied up a stimulater variant out of some stuff I had because I needed some and decided I'd do 6 of those as well.

#33 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

I'm pretty close to done work my flies, I'll be sending out two patterns 6 of each, the fuggler minnows and I was tied up a stimulater variant out of some stuff I had because I needed some and decided I'd do 6 of those as well.

Sounds good Vicente, I will keep an eye out for them!

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#34 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Bryon I need for address, I'll try top get them in the mail tomorrow.

#35 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

Last set of flies is en route! I will get them re-packaged and mailed back out asap. Thanks to everyone who joined! Looks like it's going to be another great set of flies. :)

#36 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

I really screwed up on this and I am sincerely sorry. I forgot. There's no other excuse. I tied the first set and then couldn't think of what else to tie and then I forgot all about them. I think this is a first for me because I always get frustrated at the late swappers or no-shows and now I am in that category myself. As I said before, I am sorry about this.

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#37 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

I signed up knowing and letting Bryon know I would likely be a little late so don't feel too bad netabrookie.

#38 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:00 PM

I really screwed up on this and I am sincerely sorry. I forgot. There's no other excuse. I tied the first set and then couldn't think of what else to tie and then I forgot all about them. I think this is a first for me because I always get frustrated at the late swappers or no-shows and now I am in that category myself. As I said before, I am sorry about this.

Thanks for checking in netabrookie. I should apologize myself -- I should have sent you a reminder before the due date. No harm, no foul. You don't have to do two different patterns (I didn't). You can just tie up 10 (2 flies for each participant besides yourself) of the same pattern, that will be fine.

#39 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

I'm going to start including an extra set to come back to myself on these swaps. The simple truth is I forget what I tied for who after awhile and would be surprised by my own flies. The longer it takes to get them back the more surprised I would be. I am in another swap I sent the package a month early and plenty early. I must have messed up the address somehow because it has gone to NY, back to 3 different POs in OK, back to NY, out for delivery, back to NY with an ALERT, address cannot be found. With tracking # host is going to call PO and see if he can locate package with # and clarify what I did to address. When he gets that package, or I get it back, it will have enough frequent flyer miles to get the next package shipped free.

#40 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

Bryon have my flys made it yet?

#41 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Yes they have -- I'm so sorry, I thought I had sent you a PM letting you know they'd arrived, but I see that I didn't. Sorry for that oversight. As soon as netabrookie's flies come in I'll get them all repackaged and on their way to everyone ASAP.

#42 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:53 PM

Yes they have -- I'm so sorry, I thought I had sent you a PM letting you know they'd arrived, but I see that I didn't. Sorry for that oversight. As soon as netabrookie's flies come in I'll get them all repackaged and on their way to everyone ASAP.

no worries, I've had good luck swinging those fuggler minnows for trout here if you'll fish them please keep the extras if not I'd be more than happy to put them in my box.

#43 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Okay guys -- we're now two weeks past the due date for this swap, and all but one set of flies have arrived. As I'm still waiting for a status on the final set, I'm going to go ahead and re-package the flies I do have, and will mail them out tomorrow. I will send out the flies from the final set separately when I receive them.

Thank you all for participating, and for your patience. :)

Bryon

#44 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

Thank you for running this.  When you get my red mess with flash for wings. It can be replaced with  peacock herl or biots when the flash comes off.

All three have worked.

Rick

#45 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:42 AM

Flies are in the mail!