Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Tried my GoPro today.

Of course, with a camera onboard, recording everything, I didn't catch any big fish. Fun morning, though. Does anyone know how to film without the sun glare?

Too big to put it here, so please go to http://youtu.be/-Yi37_5ANyg and watch me catch some little Spotted Sunfish.

Nice video Mike. I have a little polarized plastic lens that fits between the lens of the go pro, and the waterproof case. It works great for cutting out glare, but it does put a darker tint on the video, but since there is no night fishing in my county it hasn't been a problem for me.

Search Ebay for "polarized gopro". They are cheap, couple of bucks.

You could always look for the light tinted lenses, if they make them for the gopro, they amplify the light.

Mike if you don't mind me asking, why the name fishing pervert? I was apprehensive to subscribe to you, my mom might freak! Lol

Great video Mike, but you just doomed yourself to never catching big fish as long as you have the camera. I am pretty sure the big girls know only to hit when there are no witnesses around laugh.png

Mike if you don't mind me asking, why the name fishing pervert? I was apprehensive to subscribe to you, my mom might freak! Lol

I've been told, by Wife and a few friends, that my passion for fishing is obsessive ... almost a perversion. So, when I joined YouTube ... it sounded like a good name.

Great video Mike, but you just doomed yourself to never catching big fish as long as you have the camera. I am pretty sure the big girls know only to hit when there are no witnesses around laugh.png

Yeah, that's a joke Wife and I have, too. If I forget to take a camera, that's when we see the neatest stuff, catch the largest fish, etc. Now that I am getting into videoing my trips ... it's little fish from here on.

The other side of that, is convincing the "big girls" that a camera doesn't really put on ten pounds. (Even though we'd like that to be true ... with the fish, you know!)

Mike, what part of the St John's are you fishing? Do you get the shad run there?

Most of my time is between Lake Monroe and Puzzle Lake. I catch more, and more different species there than any other place.

Yeah, but as usual, I was on the road during the height of the run.