Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Pettijean tools

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Adam Saarinen

Adam Saarinen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

Glad you weren't on the Cuban volley ball team that came to Finland this summer!

#32 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

Glad you weren't on the Cuban volley ball team that came to Finland this summer!

That Cuban team is incredible.

No, we were all under 6 ft and used quickness to battle taller teams.
Something about seeing a 300lb Samoan up to his waist at the top of the net.

Kimo

#33 Adam Saarinen

Adam Saarinen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yeh, that Cuban team is incredable! Few of the players gang raped a woman in Tampere while they were here!

#34 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

Yeh, that Cuban team is incredable! Few of the players gang raped a woman in Tampere while they were here!

Was unaware of that. Hope they put them away.

Kimo

#35 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

I've come up with an aid for my Magic Tool that helps me build composite loops.

In this video I am using the large clip with my platen.
The same platen can be used with the Magnum Magic Tool to build larger(longer) composite loops.

Using the Magnum Magic Tool version with the platen.

The platen is made with a laminated piece of self-healing matte cutter.
It has a slot for the smaller Magic Tool Clip and uses an an additional O-ring to hold the Magic Tool.
I got the idea by watching Jerry French. I tie smaller (shorter) composite loops for trout and bass so this really helps me out.

Kimo

#36 Adam Saarinen

Adam Saarinen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:43 AM

Yes Kimo! 4 players including the captain got 5 years in prison, a 5th player got 3.5 years in prison & they were ordered to pay more than 20,000 euros to the victom!

#37 SBPatt

SBPatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

Bought the Magic Tool years ago; although it wasn't cheap back then. I've gotten a lot of use out of it since I put all kinds of materials in dubbing loops. You can make do with a bull clip, but the clear ones from Petitjean make it easier to judge length.

Regards,
Scott
Canon Powershot SD750; Ott + 2 clamp-on lights

#38 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

I've come up with an aid for my Magic Tool that helps me build composite loops.

In this video I am using the large clip with my platen.
The same platen can be used with the Magnum Magic Tool to build larger(longer) composite loops.

Using the Magnum Magic Tool version with the platen.

The platen is made with a laminated piece of self-healing matte cutter.
It has a slot for the smaller Magic Tool Clip and uses an an additional O-ring to hold the Magic Tool.
I got the idea by watching Jerry French. I tie smaller (shorter) composite loops for trout and bass so this really helps me out.

Kimo

Brilliant.

I like too how you use a fine wire brush to unmarry the turkey feather barbules.

Always quit when you're through.

#39 jss127

jss127

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Support from Petitjean

Has anyone had success reaching them to get help when one of their tools has a problem.  I have the whip finish tool and the bobbin.  I love them both but recently the bobbin became very difficult to load. I can't get the thread past the little hook in the end without break the thread.  I've reached out via their website with no response.  This was a gift so I can't return it to my local fly shop.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

#40 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:25 AM

Here are instructions for a home made Magic Tool:

Thanks for posting these links-

And you thought golf was frustrating-