Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Husky9000

Intro from Colorado

I have been hanging here for a while now, learning and posting a few times...guess its time to introduce myself officially.

My name is Scott, I am a Colorado native and grew up fishing with my cousin and uncles using bait and spinning gear. My uncles and my step dad would go fly fishing sometimes, leaving my cousin and I at home...that was "Adult fishing"...and according to them we were too young. I was never very good at fishing and was bored by watching a bobber or playing a spinner rig.

It has just been the last 2 years that I have tried and been hooked by fly fishing...and then last Fall I decided I wanted to learn to tie flys.

I fish mainly for trout, I fish mostly free stones and I prefer to fish dry flys with vintage fiberglass rods. I don't catch many fish, but I have a great time and I am really enjoying trying to learn to tie flys...and with Colorado as my location, I have lots of beautiful places to fish.

I want to thank the members here, I have learned so much from this site and I look forward to hanging out here....a lot :)

Welcome to the site, Husky. Nine months ... I guess that not too long to wait and introduce yourself ! wink.png