Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Spent the day yesterday on the Au Sable chasing pike on the fly. Somewhat brutal conditions with temps in the 20's, snow, sleet, sun here and there. Guides iced up about every 5th cast so was continually having to free them up. Nothing big to hand but with the way conditions were any and every pike was well earned and appreciated. I know Mike wishes he was with me, he loves fishing in snow & cold happy.png

Zily9a.jpg
XBvEeS.jpg
MROomQ.jpg
nC3P1W.jpg
WSEtsI.jpg
Kru6Dj.jpg

kPqazO.jpg

Contrary to the mean saying above my name (that some site admin person put there), I do NOT like cold weather.

BUT ... those fish would be fun any time of the year. Just have to wear a dozen or so layers to keep warm enough to get out there.

I actually did have close to that lol. On top I had 5 layers ...under layer shirt, long sleeve shirt, fleece pull over, cotton jacket, outer jacket. Then I had 4 later on bottom with long under layer, thin cotton pants, fleece underwader pants, cotton out pants. Only thing that really got cold were my fingers around the 4hour mark.

I admire your commitment -- from a distance.

Flash frozen fish! It beats field dressing a deer in that weather, but not by much.

Bet you had the river to yourself.

Rocco