Fly Tying
Chase Creek

tools for cutting foam strips

I use a small (6"x8") cutting board for a base to cut foam strips. It has a handle with a hole in it to hang up at the end of my desk. Think I got it in the kitchen department of Wally World. To cut the foam, I use a metal straight edge and one of those fabric cutters with the revolving round blade. Watch out :blink: , those cutters are like razors.

My wife does scrapbooking and quilting....I use her rotary blade too. It's a great tool.

Haven't tried one of those rotary blades yet. I get a pack of 4 disposable snap off blade razor knives at the local dollar store.

I used to do the same thing, but my wife found out I was using her rotary cutter and took it back.... :baby: :rolleyes:

Now I use a single blade razor to cut foam. I do most of my cutting on the top of one of my plastic storage containers. I use a metal ruler for straight cuts. I recently picked up a set of spark plug feeler gages to cut a range of different triangles.

I like the idea of the rolling wheel, it wouldn't drag and go off track on occasion. I'll have to pick one up and try it out. :)