Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Eleven Mile Canyon and Dream Stream!

fly fishing elevenmile canyon dream stream rainbow trout

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

Im back after a much needed vacation.  Of course I didnt stop fishing, just stopped editing (which can take up to 30 hours per video).  And I was able to go to some really great places during my time off. 

So mid July I took a trip out to the Colorado Springs area, and met up with a fellow youtube channel called "Fresh-Salt Fishing"!   We fished eleven mile canyon, and the dream stream.   While the fishing wasnt as epic as I thought it would be, it still was awesome!  Colin was able to net quite a few fish at eleven mile, and I got a really nice one at the dream stream!  

Really I dont want to make excuses, but not sleeping for 36 hours before fishing the first day really took its tole, and thats why I suspect I didnt get many fish.  I did have quite a few strikes, just I was way too slow with setting the hook.  Everything was slow, it felt like I was in a dream the first day!  HAHA   

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

#2 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:17 AM

Sorry guys, I realized I posted this in the wrong section.  Anyway of moving this?  Or deleting it so I can post it where it should go?  

www.McFlyAngler.com

#3 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Done !!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Where did you put it? Lol

www.McFlyAngler.com

#5 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

Found it! Thanks!

www.McFlyAngler.com

#6 Sandan

Sandan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

Shoulda PM'd me. I know both those sections like the back of my hands. Here's a couple of19" Dream Stream browns. One with the hopper it took last Wednesday (25July2018).  

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSB.jpg   167.15KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  DSB_2.jpg   155.37KB   0 downloads

#7 Tom Cummings

Tom Cummings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Good vid. Wish I was there cause I would fill limits. On NE my flies bags more than 50% over traditional flies. Great vid and nice promo for discounts.

#8 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Good vid. Wish I was there cause I would fill limits. On NE my flies bags more than 50% over traditional flies. Great vid and nice promo for discounts.

It wasnt the flies my friend... lol.

www.McFlyAngler.com

#9 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Shoulda PM'd me. I know both those sections like the back of my hands. Here's a couple of19" Dream Stream browns. One with the hopper it took last Wednesday (25July2018).  

Yeah, tough with all my subscribers and people on here to keep track of who lives where. Haha. I do wish I had someone familiar with the area with me. Since this video came out, Ive had about 40+ people offer to take me next time I am out that way. I feel blessed that there are so many kind people watching my videos.

www.McFlyAngler.com

#10 AK Skim

AK Skim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

In my Honest Opinion ....

Forget the long hours on your feet, your bad casting form (mistakes), your fishing buddy dialed in ....

HEY BUDDY .... You were there...

Most of us will never make it out there...

Thank you for posting the Youtube vid...

#11 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

dream stream? somebody caught a 24" trout and renamed the river? whooppee!

use to be called the south platte river when i fished there years ago

The fish care less than we do!

#12 Sandan

Sandan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

dream stream? somebody caught a 24" trout and renamed the river? whooppee!

use to be called the south platte river when i fished there years ago

It's in the Charlie Meyers SWA. Charlie was the outdoor editor for the Denver Post. I think it might have been Charlie who gave that section of the South Platte it's nickname.  I've seen bigger than 24"ers come out of there.  Did you fish there before or after Spinney Mountain Res. was complete?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fly fishing, elevenmile canyon, dream stream, rainbow, trout