Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

This week at Eagle Lake, Ontario

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MuskyFlyGuy

MuskyFlyGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:16 PM

I took my son for four days of fishing on Eagle.  We only fish together once a year and that is the only time he fishes. With his new baby, this was the first time in three years.  It is a great father/son time.  He caught the big fish of the trip while Lindy rigging for walleyes.  It was a 41" Northern and he was using a spinning rod made by Steve.  Thanks again to Steve!  We caught lots of walleyes and the next day we caught 20 Lake Trout.  We cast for Muskies with gear for a day and saw nothing.  The last day, I got to throw my 10 weight for 8 hours.  We had so many follows, I am reluctant to say the number.  On virtually my last cast of the day, I caught a small muskie on a streamer I tied on a 5/0 hook.  Another trip with great memories.  In a few years the grandson will join us.  We sent him pictures of the fish and he said, "Daddy catches big fish and Grandpa catches little ones."

Attached File  IMG_0135.jpg   101.74KB   0 downloads

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,757 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

Nice fish and story.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Nice trip! And it seems they will only get better in the future by throwing a grandchild into the mix.