Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer14

Fishing report : 4/24/11

Well here's my first fish ever on a fly!! I also had two strikes from stockies, All of this was on the infamous pink worm!!

Water Temp: 61.5 (my thermometer might be bad..)

Wind: Light Gusts

Skies: Thickly Clouded

Air Temp: 69 F

Fish Caught: 1

(If there is something I missed in my report let me know!)

post-25611-1303674406_thumb.jpg

post-25611-1303674424_thumb.jpg

post-25611-1303674449_thumb.jpg

post-25611-1303674465_thumb.jpg

Also what on earth is that fish called?!?!

Looks like a creek chub to me. Could be wrong...

Tight lines!!

Fly14. Great fishing report, Nice to see one from you. Keep fishing with the fly rod. It will pay off soon and good choice on fly selection. Stockies just love that darn fly.

Congrats on your first fly rod fish! I'm not sure if it's a creek chub though. The ones I've caught had smaller scales and looked a little different. Looks to be some kind of chub though. Maybe it's a Fallfish. Ah well....Congrats again! :headbang:

Congrats, any fish is better than none. My guess on the fish species would be a red shiner or some other type of shiner. I don't know all the east coast species.

Wow! You've got more than 2000 posts on this site and I joined your beginner fly swap so I assumed you've been fly fishing for a while.

How long have you been tying flies?

Congrats on your first fish on a fly,

firedad0 Jeremy O. (fly fishing/tying newbie)

Wow! You've got more than 2000 posts on this site and I joined your beginner fly swap so I assumed you've been fly fishing for a while.

How long have you been tying flies?

Congrats on your first fish on a fly,

firedad0 Jeremy O. (fly fishing/tying newbie)

You should check out some of Mark's flies under steelhead and salmon tying. The young man is already a much better tyer than I will ever be. I admit that is not saying much, but don't dis his tying skills just because he has not caught many fish on a fly.

I suspect that access to fishing water may be his problem. When I was his age I was always pestering my dad to take me fishing. When he wouldn't, I would strap my fishing pole on my bike and ride 12 miles to the nearest trout river and flail away. I still called it a pole in those days - hadn't figured out it was actually a rod. I rarely caught anything, mostly because I had very little clue what I was doing and not much chance to practice.

I started tying at 14 but I think it was a year or so before I caught a trout on a fly I tied. I'm guessing that fish finished last in its class at school. :lol:

John

I have bee fly fishing for 2 years. although it's only the 13th? trip that i took when I caught it. I have a pretty good cast, my only problem is good presentation. I've been tying for 3 1/2 years now. and Thank you for the congrats!

Mr. John P. I don't think he was trying to dis me, and if he was...well what can I do? hahaha thanks guys!