Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bluegill576

5/15 fishing report

I got out today from 1:30-4 and it was probably my most productive fly fishing day ever. I caught a 3 1/2lb bass and a panfish that was over a pound and then bunch of other panfish and a couple small basses. The bass was on a zonker and and the panfish was on a little orange carp fly. the temp was about 75 and the water level was below normal and flowing slowly, and it was partly cloudy.post-31787-0-42235700-1305493179_thumb.jpgpost-31787-0-99365900-1305493207_thumb.jpg

Nice looking fish, I wish it was warmer here, I guess I'll just have to tie some bass flies today instead.

Nice looking fish, I wish it was warmer here, I guess I'll just have to tie some bass flies today instead.

Where are you?

Where are you?

I live 2.5 miles from the California/Nevada border in the Northern Sierras near Reno, NV. It is snowing in the mountains on the west side of town :(

Where are you?

I live 2.5 miles from the California/Nevada border in the Northern Sierras near Reno, NV. It is snowing in the mountains on the west side of town :(

Oh man that is pretty cold. :unsure:

There are plenty of places to fish for bluegill and bass, not as many as trout but we've got em. Just have to wait for this winter that will never end.

There are plenty of places to fish for bluegill and bass, not as many as trout but we've got em. Just have to wait for this winter that will never end.

Wish we would get some snow, I just love fishing in it, instead on this hail were getting today :angry:

Wish we would get some snow, I just love fishing in it, instead on this hail were getting today :angry:

Here in Central Jersey we just got really bad down pour, some flash flooding by where I live.

Fishing in the snow is ok, but there were record amounts this year so all of the rivers are blown out. :( Unless you know exactly where to go and how to do it in these high flows you're pretty much just practicing casting. Pyramid Lake is the best place for this time of year, but haven't had the time to go out there :wallbash: :crying: