Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
clind98

New to forums confused

Welcome, if you are confused you'll fit right in. Its the ground state of being around here. Sometimes it progresses to puzzled or flummoxed.

Cheers,

C.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and have put up several posts. But my question is how do you copy or highlight a previous post to include in your new post? I see other posts coming up with a box that has a previous post and members comment. I've tried looking on the site but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and have put up several posts. But my question is how do you copy or highlight a previous post to include in your new post? I see other posts coming up with a box that has a previous post and members comment. I've tried looking on the site but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Click on the quote button in the original poster's post. In the lower right hand corner.

If you're on a smart phone you'll need to click the post first to make the quote box appear. Then click that.

if you are using a smart phone you can choose the "full version" at the bottom of the page.

it will change the mobile forum version to look like the desktop forum version

then just click the "quote" button

Just to be clear ... click the "quote" button. At the bottom of the screen, you should get a reply screen with the quote already in it.

I click the quote button, get the reply screen but nothing shows up in it? I pretty good with the computers, even writing programs and IT work, but I guess the computer Gods are not smiling on me (lol). Thanks everyone for your help. Maybe some day it will work or I should just stick with fishing!!!!!