Fly Tying
dronlee

Fly Fishing Maldives

March Year 2007, my 1st trip to Maldives with all Fly Fishermen... out of 12 person... I'm the only guy who don't do fly fishing, during that trip... I was expose to how fun and challenge saltwater fly fishing...

in-front of my eye, saw my buddy hook up a 3kg GT on a 6wt... I can still remember his Abel screamed...he screamed... and I also screamed...!!!! Oh my God.... I have to take up this game, in my mind.....

November 2007... I went back to Maldives with fly gears.... was my 1st trip doing fly fishing... dare devil, even with only 5 months of practice, can hardly cast 60'.... I only hook up few fish... a small blue fin travaly, small emperor, small jack and some cute little grouper... but I'm happy...!!!

2009.... I went there again... it was a darm lucky year as we hit the jackpot...!!! right in the Bonefish Run..... total of 85 pcs of bone fish were landed on flies...

Sweet fish and a beautiful pristine area there, I too am jealous. Congrats on a great trip!

Maldives looks a lot like the Florida Keys, and is making me want to do some saltwater fishing soon.

March 2010... we went bank to Maldives hopping having the same luck... the same moon phase, same tide phase... but too bad..!!! world weather changed... March supposed to be hot like oven... but we were hit badly by the wind and heavy rain.... the only bonus was... we had our 1st Permit on fly

lowP3150063.jpg

lowP3140033.jpg

lowP3140082.jpg

lowDSC04701.jpg

This year... we had many GTs and Blue Fin... the bonefish were just refuse to take... even we had the flies present right in-front of their nose..

lowP3120027.jpg

lowP3140047.jpg

lowP3140044.jpg

lowP3150072.jpg

lowP3150103.jpg

lowP3150104.jpg

lowP3160092.jpg

lowP1110028.jpg

lowP3130041.jpg

lowIMG_2040.jpg

lowP3160115.jpg

lowDSC04697.jpg

lowDSC04705.jpg

lowIMG_2012.jpg

lowIMG_2038.jpg

Fishing.... to me, it's not the catch.... end of the trip... we caught many laughter, good memories and friendship.....

These are the 12 crazy FF .....

lowIMG_0823.jpg

ready to war....

lowIMG_0975.jpg

lowIMG_0978.jpg

lowIMG_0980.jpg

Posting at the captain's house....

lowDSC_0341.jpg

Captain Ibrahim invite us back to his house for some tea and snacks..... Oh..!!! I almost broke my teeth trying to his 'Kola' ball....

lowIMG_1060.jpg

look at my friend's face.....

The Permit....

lowP3140068.jpg

lowP3140069.jpg

lowP3140071.jpg

lowP3140073.jpg

I realize... there are some similarity on both the fish and the fisherman..... both are bald .... :P