Fly Tying
tctrout

Fly Tying Gadgets: Coffee Bean Grinder

I know that many of you on this forum blend your own dubbings, and in this video, I share my process. If you have any advanced techniques, I'd love to hear about them. Thanks!

Tim

We tend to make things way more complicated than they need to be.

Go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and buy some wool or synthetic yarn and then some Angel Hair in UV or pearlescent ...get you fingers and sisorris out and make your own or buy $10 Coffe Bean grinder

And you will have Sentyo's Laser Dub for chump change

I have been making "chump change" dubbing for about 30 years. When I first started tying, there was very little dubbing that was pre pachaged. You had to get fur patches, yarns or other materials and make your own dubbing. I started with the Lisenring method of rolling my dubbing between a folded piece of thread to make small dubbing loops. These were stored on 3 X 5 cards for future use. For a long time, I had access to lots of fur trimmings now must of my dubbings are made from various yarns. I use a large jar and shake, or a blender, and a coffee grinder. Rarely make dubbing for my salt water patterns.

Much of what is pictured, is home made, but not all.

post-12074-0-89184900-1494791505_thumb.jpg