Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Ya just can't spend a little ... non-fly tying expenses

So ... about two weeks ago, Wife and I decide it's time to repaint our 17 year old house. We looked, and there was a 33% off sale fro RhinoShield. General Manager shows up, we have an hour long discussion and an estimate ... We got it. They start painting next Monday.

Cost us quite a bit ... we can handle that !!! Especially with the tax refund we get every year.

Wife does our taxes and her mother's. We are getting some back, which was great! Help pay off that painting bill.

Then she did her mom's and, lo and behold, she owes. She didn't hold any during the year, so she can't pay the tab.

About half our refund is going back to the IRS, paying her bill.

Today, I found out I need a new long block for my van. BUT ... there aren't any available. It appears this is not a unique problem. Could be 3 months before a block is available. I'll probably have to buy a new vehicle.

Fortunately, Wife is and has been very good with our money, so we can absorb the expenses. However ... we have to hope this is the end of the spending spree for a few years.

I just needed to yell about it for a few lines. Thanks for listening !!!

Like Rosanna Rosanadanna said, "It's always something". They seem to come in bunches too. It's like there's a signal sent through the grid, Breakdown Now. Sometimes we need to vent and this is a lot safer way for the rest of us than the bar room on Friday night.

Never rains but it pours...that sucks Mike. At least you and your wife have been smart and had some socked away for the inevitable rainy day. A lesson to us all...

"Beware the Ides Of March"

Roseanne (Gilda) sure got it right.

It seems Shakespeare came awful close too, seems so many past things gone wrong seem to have happened at or about the equinox.

Today, I found out I need a new long block for my van. BUT ... there aren't any available. It appears this is not a unique problem. Could be 3 months before a block is available.

What size motor is it? Never seen a motor & heads not be available. You got some sort of alien motor in there son?

It's available ... I looked after I got home, and found a few. But what's NOT available, are new or rebuilt. There's a lot of 100,000+ engines available. Wife has already made the decision. Since my daily commute is about 100 miles round trip, and my daily commuter is also my weekender, she thinks it's a bargain to buy me a new van.

Yes, she IS the best.

Exactly why us cheapskates don't like to spend money when it don't need to be spent. Cause there are always going to be times when money has to be spent. A lesson for all indeed.